Monday, August 8, 2011

Water Week: How to At Least Look Like a Swimmer

Welcome to Pool Week! (Kind of like Shark Week without the sharks.) We will be tackling several different topics related to swimming this week and I will be asking some very beginnerly questions.

I've never had swim lessons before. May
be a little instruction a few days at a summer camp, but for the most part I still find swimming pretty intimidating. Included in this intimidation is the anxiety I get just going to the pool. Swimmers are bad ass with their broad shoulders and sleek goggles.

My first goal for starting to swim at the pool is to just know what to expect, know how to play by the rules and not look ridiculous as I stretch my cap over my head.

So that brings us to the first lesson of the week:
how to put on your swim cap without looking like an idiot. Check out these videos to see two different techniques:



I especially like the message at the beginning of this one.

No comments: